Teaching children to help their communities will allow them to develop compassion for others and they will gain a better understanding of ways to share God's love. They will learn skills that help them build positive relationships. It will also empower them to make a difference in the world around them.
Below are ten, simple ways children can show kindness:
1. Read a book to a local senior in the community.
2. Write a letter of appreciation to a U.S. soldier and his/her family.
3. Hold a door for someone.
4. Bake cookies for a friend.
5. Help a neighbor with their yard work.
6. Send a thank you card to the local police department.
7. Visit an animal shelter.
8. Clean up after yourself.
9. Pick flowers for someone who is sick.
10. Plant a flower or a tree.
Please feel free to add other suggestions of ways children can show kindness!
Shelter From the Rain, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, based out of Savannah, Georgia, designed to enrich the lives of low-income single mothers and children in need through acts of kindness that nurture the mind, body, and soul.