Teaching children to help their communities will allow them to develop compassion for others and they will gain a better understanding of ways to share God's love. They will learn skills that help them build positive relationships. It will also empower them to make a difference in the world around them.
Below are ten, simple ways children can show kindness:
1. Read a book to a local senior in the community.
2. Write a letter of appreciation to a U.S. soldier and his/her family.
3. Hold a door for someone.
4. Bake cookies for a friend.
5. Help a neighbor with their yard work.
6. Send a thank you card to the local police department.
7. Visit an animal shelter.
8. Clean up after yourself.
9. Pick flowers for someone who is sick.
10. Plant a flower or a tree.
Please feel free to add other suggestions of ways children can show kindness!
Shelter From the Rain, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, based out of Savannah, Georgia, designed to enrich the lives of low-income single mothers and children in need through acts of kindness that nurture the mind, body, and soul.
Shelter From the Rain, Inc.
Community Outreach For Single Mothers
P.O. Box 24195, Savannah, GA 31403
In-Take Specialist & Volunteer
Temporary Donation Pick-Up Address:
Park Place Outreach: 514 East Henry St
Drop-Off & Pick-Up Hours:
Monday - Saturday | 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM