"Each day millions support their local charities, comfort the sick, encourage youth, fight fires, get out the vote, or support the food bank. The Heart of a Volunteer celebrates the caring people in every town: the volunteers and donors who make a difference in your school, neighborhood, or community.
The Heart of a Volunteer is a heartfelt gift to inspire and celebrate the spirit of volunteerism." Click here to order!
Take the time to do something nice at work today and please keep in mind that you do not need a designated day to let your kindness show. These things can be done daily!
Practicing acts of kindness in the workplace is an excellent way to share God's love. It will help to set an atmosphere conducive to kindness and it will also allow you to build lasting relationships with your co-workers.
Below are ten, simple ways you can show kindness in your workplace:
1. Bring a snack for everyone to share throughout the day.
2. Offer to help a fellow colleague with completing an upcoming deadline.
3. Hold a door for someone.
4. Offer to purchase lunch for a co-worker.
5. Post scriptures or kindness quotes around your workspace.
6. Send a thank you card to your boss or co-worker expressing your appreciation for their work.
7. Be a good listener.
8. Maintain a neat and organized workspace.
9. Send flowers to someone who is sick or bereaved.
10. Smile and stay positive.
Please feel free to add other suggestions of ways we can all show kindness in the workplace!
Shelter From the Rain, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, based out of Savannah, Georgia, designed to enrich the lives of low-income single mothers and children in need through acts of kindness that nurture the mind, body, and soul.